How to Make a Memory Box
You Will Need
- Craft Asylum - Hello Sunshine - 12 x 12" Paper Pad (480210)
- Craft Asylum - Hello Sunshine - Embellishment Set (480197)
- Wooden Treasure Chest
- Foam Pads
- Double-sided Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Remove the hinges and clasp from the wooden box taking care to not lose the screws.
- Carefully measure the front and back of the box base and then cut out two rectangles of heart patterned paper approximately 2cm longer than required.
- Using double-sided tape stick the front and back pieces into position folding around the excess neatly.
- Measure and cut out two rectangles of the same paper the same size as the sides of the box and then stick these into position in the same way.
- Cut a rectangle of grey patterned paper to cover the top of the box lid and allow an extra centimeter on both sides to fold over. Make little slits with a scissors from the edges to the point where the paper folds over and bend around neatly before securing with double-sided tape.
- Stand the box lid on its side and draw around the side sections onto the same grey paper to create the shape. Cut out and stick into position using double-sided tape and then trim carefully if necessary.
- Decorate the top with a combination of die-cut shapes from the paper pad and numbers cut from the patterned paper. Fix into position with a combination of foam pads and double-sided tape.
- Cut the stems off a large decorative brad and stick this into place using a glue gun.
- Screw the hinges and clasp back into position using the original holes.
- Tie a die-cut tag onto the clasp using a length of ribbon from the embellishment set.
Special Price £4.00Sale