How to Make a Bear Softee
You Will Need
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Plus Machine
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Plus Die Bear Softee by Debi Potter
- Toy stuffing
- Sewing needle and thread
- Sewing machine
- Die-cut a pair of head shapes from your chosen felt. Then die-cut the muzzle and nose shape from another shade of felt and stitch these into position on one of the head shapes using grey thread. Use the embroidery thread and a simple running stitch to add the mouth detail and French knots for the eyes as indicated.
- Die-cut two pairs of felt ears in using different colours. Stitch together with right sides facing leaving the bottom edge open and clip and notch curved edges before turning through.
- Die-cut four pairs of arm/leg pieces (these are the same shapes on the die) from felt and then sew together each pair, with right sides facing, leaving a ¼” seam allowance. Clip and notch the curved edges and then turn through before stuffing with toy stuffing.
- Die-cut the body using a fabric or felt of your choice.
- Pin the front head to the front body with right sides facing and using a ¼” seam allowance sew the neck section together. Repeat this for the back head and body.
- With the right sides facing pin ears to head piece and sew into position, pin arms to body and sew into position and then pin the legs to the body and sew into place also.
- Pin the front and back body together, right sides together, leaving the bottom edge open. Sew into place.
- Gently stuff head and body to desired firmness and slip stitch bottom edge to finish.
Special Price £88.00
by Debi Potter
Special Price £26.99