How To Make The My Little House Gift Box
You Will Need
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine or Big Shot™ Plus Machine
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set - My Little House
- 2 x Plain Card
- 1 x Patterned Card
- PVA Glue
- Double Sided Tape
- Die-cut the house shape twice from patterned paper.
- Using the same house die, die-cut the top scalloped section from plain card to create a separate roof which we will add on later. Repeat.
- Die-cut the circle and square window shapes from the pre-cut house shape in step one making sure to keep the die-cut squares for step 5.
- Die-cut both of the framed window shapes out of the plain card. Repeat this step to match the amount of windows created in the step above.
- Gather all of the die-cut windows and frames. Using the PVA glue place the framed square window on top of the square shape to create a layered window effect. Once the two layered windows are complete PVA them over the cut hole on the house. Once the two windows are in place stick the remaining window frames over the die-cut squares and circle holes left on the house.
- Once all the windows and frames have been added fold along the fold lines on the house.
- . Add double sided tape to the six folded edges and carefully form the house shape. Add PVA glue to secure the scalloped edge roof.
- Once the house has taken shape gather the two die-cut roof pieces from step 2. Allowing a 5mm overhang, snip off any edges, to create an exaggerated contrasting roof.
- Using PVA glue stick the contrasting roof on top of the house, making sure that the scalloped detailing is aligned. Die-cut the heart shape and using PVA glue stick on the centre of the roof.
- You can decorate the house however you wish, by adding a battery powered tealight inside you can bring this little house to life and use to decorate your home, or simply use your design as a gift box.
by Home & Hobby£4.00
Out of stock