Spotted the slime trend that’s got kids obsessed? Don’t bother buying the expensive ready-made stuff from the shop, instead have a go at making your own.
You should have everything you need at home, but if not, the ingredients are pretty easy to get your hands on.
What you need to make your slime
- 2 1/4 cups of cornflour
- ½ cup of shampoo
- 6 tablespoons of water
- Food colouring (of your choice)
- Glitter (if you’d like to add it)
- Bowl and spoon for mixing
How to make your own slime
Start by mixing the shampoo and a couple of drops of food colouring together in your bowl.
Once completely mixed, add in your cornflour and one tablespoon of water at a time. Keep mixing until your mixture reaches a dough like consistency.
If you add too much water your slime will be too runny so it’s best to do it gradually. If you add too much water don’t panic – you can always add a little more cornflour.
Slime making top tips
- Your dough should be shiny and melt into your hands. If it’s not just add a drop or two more water until it’s just right.
- Your slime will keep for a couple of days providing you pop it into a sealed plastic container. If it begins to dry out, add a couple of drops of water to get it to the right consistency.
Image References: Eating Richly