Craft your loved one's Valentine's Day Card with Creative Rox's step-by-step guide and Sizzix's Papercraft Essentials, Die Sets, Cards & Tools!
What you will need to create your loved one's special Craft Card...
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (any of the Sizzix Big Shot Plus/Big Shot Express/Big Shot Foldaway Machines are fine!)
- Sizzix: Adhesive sheets 6x6 Permanent 10 sheets
- Sizzix: 12 Pack Assorted Colours Permanent Pens
- Sizzix: Biodegradable Fine glitter, Hibiscus 12g
- Sizzix: Biodegradable Fine glitter Sorbet 12g
- Sizzix Embossing Powder Funnel Tray
- Sizzix: Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets
- Sizzix: Express glue 120ml
- Sizzix: Framelits Die Set 8PK w/Stamps - Love Hearts
- Sizzix (or Dot & Dab): Glue Gun
- Sizzix (or Dot & Dab): Clear Glue Sticks
- Sizzix (or Ranger): Heat Tool
- Sizzix: 10 Pack Shrink Plastic
- Sizzix: Shrink Plastic Accessories
- Sizzix: Thinlits Die Set 30PK - Bold Alphabet
- White Cardstock (available in the New Sizzix Neutral Card Pack)
Once you have the above materials, grab some creativity and follow the below step-by-step instructions to create your masterpiece!
Step 1: Trim and fold a piece of white cardstock to create a 15cm x 15cm card base.
Step 2: Fold the front section of the card back on itself, in order to create a zig zag shape to the card when it stands up-right.
Step 3: Trim a piece of ballet-slipper cardstock to 14 cm x 14 cm and adhere it onto the larger section of the card front. Using your Sizzix Express glue, back the card on itself, to create a zig zag shape to the card when it stands.
Step 4: Die cut 6 hearts from shrink plastic using the largest heart element in the Sizzix Framelits Love Hearts Die Set and your Sizzix Big Shot Machine.
Step 5: Use the Sizzix Permanent Markers to add colour to the matte side of the die cut hearts - see example below.
Step 6: Use a Sizzix or Ranger heat tool and the Sizzix Shrink Plastic Accessories to successfully heat and flatten the shrink plastic hearts, one by one.
Step 7: Adhere the shrink plastic hearts to the front of the card, using a Sizzix or Dot & Dab Glue Gun. Position your shrink wrap hearts along the white fold line, so that they appear half on white and half on pink but are only secured to the white background
Step 8: Cut a piece of Sizzix Sorbet Cardstock and a piece of Sizzix Adhesive sheet the same size... ensuring this is big enough for the Sizzix Bold Alphabet die. Then adhere the adhesive sheet to the front of the cardstock.
Step 9: Die cut the Sorbet Cardstock using the Sizzix Bold Alphabet Die Set, making sure to die cut with the adhesive sheet side face up as this will need to be on the front of the letters.
Step 10: Once you have chosen your letters, remove the layer of adhesive sheet and sprinkle them alternately with Sizzix hibiscus and sorbet glitter, using a Sizzix funnel tray to catch any excess.
Step 11: Adhere the glitter letters to the white section of your card front, vertically, using express glue!
Voila! Your Valentine's Day Card masterpiece is complete! Admire your craft work before using your pens, (available in our Stationery range) to write a heart-felt message to your loved one!
Step 12: Make yourself a nice cup of tea and relax!
Don't forget to check out our 'how to' craft guide for the Creative Rox Valentine's Craft Gift Tag, available here.