Elegant Deer Card
This entry was posted on August 18, 2016.
I know it is only August but many crafters are already starting to think about their Christmas crafting and with the new Sizzix christmas range being added to the creative Rox website I thought I would start sharing some Christmas inspiration!
This Sizzix Thinlits Die Elegant Deer really does stand up to his name. He is so elegant and really adds something special to your winter crafting.
I have placed him onto a card today and if you are looking for some Christmas crafting ideas I am going to be showing you exactly how to create this card.
- Die-cut the largest Snap Happy frame from white cardstock.
2. Trim a piece of cardstock to fit behind the Snap Happy frame. Lightly add the 2 colours of Distress Inks ensuring the darker colour is around the edge. Spritz with water and dry with a heat tool.
3. Spritz the inked background with Distress Mica spray Brushed Pewter and dry with a heat tool.
4. Adhere the background to the Snap Happy frame.
5. Die-cut the Elegant Deer, cover with a clear embossing ink and sprinkle on the embossing powder. Heat emboss.
6. Adhere the Elegant Deer to the frame using 3D foam pads.
7. Wrap twine around the base of the frame. Layer the Snap Happy Frame onto some glitter card and then layer onto Kraft Card. Add a bow and brad.
So there is my first Christmas tutorial of this year! I am going to try and share a couple a month with you so that you can start to get ahead in your Christmas crafting!
Have you started your Christmas crafting yet? If you have we would love to see what you have been making. Remember to tag us in your makes over on our Instagram account.
Until next week ...