DIY Christmas Advent Calendar
Make the countdown to Christmas a little different with this make it yourself Christmas Advent Calendar. The little envelopes don't even have to enclose chocolates, they could be little toys or gadgets for the kids or even a cheeky tiny liquor bottle for the adults. Here's how you can make your own.
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Festive Set
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Brush Numbers
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Dainty Birthday Numbers
- Washi Tape
- Mini Envelopes
- Mini Pegs
- 3D Foam Pads
- Wet Glue
How to make it:
1. Take 24 brown envelopes and begin decorating them by wrapping washi tape around the top or bottom of the envelope.
2. Die-cut a selection of shapes using Festive Set Thinlits. Either glue or use foam pads to secure your die-cut outs. Continue to decorate each envelope, using different designs for each one.
3. Die cut numbers for all 24 of your envelopes using a selection of the Brushed Die Numbers and the Dainty Die Numbers.
4. Keep decorating your envelopes until they are all complete.
5. Once they are all decorated add them to the wire wall hanging using mini pegs.
Have a go at making your own Christmas countdown. For more inspiration, make sure you sign up to our newsletter.