Christmas Gifts: DIY Marbled Effect Coasters
We may have suggested these gorgeous marbled effect coasters as a great Christmas gift idea, but they are perfect for any time of the year. The beauty of them is that they can be made to any colour scheme and all of them will have unique patterns. We do recommend testing them out with a cup of tea too...
- Sizzix Permanent Pens
- Alcohol Blending Solution
- Kraft Card
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Concentric Circles
How to make it:
1. Take the plain tiles, making sure they are clean and dry before you get started.
2. Using the Sizzix Permanent Pens scribble a pattern. You don’t need to be too precise with this as the aim is to blend them.
3. Using the blending solution dab the pattern to create a marble effect.
4. Heat in the oven for 30 minutes at low heat to set the ink. Whilst the coasters are drying, cut out your circle for your sentiment using the Concentric Circle Die Set. When you've done this and the coasters are fully dry, wrap the twine around them, adding the sentiment before the bow/knot.
For more Christmas gift ideas make sure you sign up for our newsletters!