Effective from 24th April 2018
Ellison Europe Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://creativerox.com/ (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law. By signing up to the Creative Rox newsletters, you confirm that you are over 13 years of age and are happy to receive all the latest Creative Rox content, including tutorials and inspiration, free downloads and news about competitions, sales, new products and shows and events.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site.
Data Protection Legislation
(i) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then;
(ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
shall have the meaning provided in Data Protection Legislation.
Information About Us
What Does This Policy Cover?
- 4.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under Data Protection Legislation, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- a) the right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- b) the right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- c) the right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- d) the right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you;
- e) the right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- f) the right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- g) the right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- h) rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- 4.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- a) name;
- b) date of birth;
- c) gender;
- d) business/company name;
- e) job title;
- f) profession;
- g) contact information such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- h) demographic information such as preferences, and interests;
- i) financial information such as bank account and card payment details
- j) IP address.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- 6.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under Data Protection Legislation at all times.
- 6.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- a) providing and managing your Account;
- b) providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- c) personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- d) supplying Our products to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- e) personalising and tailoring Our products for you;
- f) replying to emails from you;
- g) supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us;
- h) market research;
- i) analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- 6.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on Our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- 6.4 Please note that We do not control the activities of third parties whose content appears on Our Site, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- 6.5 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- 6.6 We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest We normally hold personal data for is 6 years.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- 7.1 We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- 7.2 Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under Data Protection Legislation. Our transfer of personal data to the US is under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- 7.3 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Do We Share Your Data?
- 8.1 We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
- 8.2 We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 8.3 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- 8.4 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- 9.2 In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
Under Data Protection Legislation, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at using the contact details below in section 14.